Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Plain Hair Combs Wholesale

Asclepias physocarpa I

(Chayotillo of care )
spent about four months ago at a house in the neighborhood (Zapote, San José, Costa Rica), where a plant and they gave me one of these chayotillo. But I noticed that a lot was full of worms.
Asclepias physocarpa / jav.



I took out the seeds, sow, and like a month and had several plants growing in a healthy way, but soon began to notice a colorful worms that eat the leaves.

20 or more butterflies that did not stop living, but now I can reward other members of the family that I care and attention.
In my ignorance, I changed some place and finally exterminated all, as my interest at that time was to play and watch them grow the plant that caught my attention every time I looked in the neighbor's yard. My apologies


monarch butterfly laying eggs / jav.


And is that talking to my friend, the photographer Marco Tulio Saborio, I chayotillo said the air is one of the host plants of the
Monarch (Danaus plexippus
).
, my neighbor called me said air chayotillo .
Then a little careful internet search led me to find references on milkweed plants of the genus and specifically on milkweed species physocarpa
Please dear reader, if you know another name used in your community, so I could communicate through a comment, I am very interested.

two days egg, larva 1 week / jav.


occasionally observed in the chayotillo butterflies, but they caught my eye. However, in the month of February saw a beautiful monarch butterfly, which I found laid eggs, which I checked about three days later to find several tiny white huevesillos.
After a week had little worms (
larvae) that grow rapidly by feeding on milkweed milk. Some grew to about 5 cm in diameter and swelled up I got to see one in the early stages of chrysalis (pupa ).
Two stages of flowering / jav.

But I also found that the monarch at this stage has some
predators, some birds and even a bug. I have no larvae in my chayotillo.

I hope that some monarch comes to lay eggs soon. February 12 one of the chayotillo opened and in the same manner as does a dandelion, let it go all its winged seeds flying in the wind, to reach new lands to settle, all went in just 36 hours.


wind Seeds / jav.

Today March 9 opened two new chayotillo and gifts to
MLA, to give them up, collect the seeds, then a hotbed, and start a new cycle chayotillo study of air, this time paying more attention to its development and growth, and of course, to care and look closely at the metamorphosis of the monarch. I'm going to plant some seeds in my land of El Roble, Santa Barbara de Heredia, at 1700 m altitude. According to information on Asclepias, available on the Internet, the plant can withstand lower temperatures and low lighting that is there. In a few months will tell what happens. So wait for the saga
, air chayotillo II and III.
Worm (larva)
two weeks / jav.

And as I always say in all these cases, it is appropriate to have professional advice: Ask your neighbor
biologist.

Additional References:

http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=ASPH2&photoID=asph2_001_ahp.tif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asclepias_physocarpa
http://www.cec.org/Storage/62/5481_Guia-orugas-monarca_es.pdf
Monarch Larva , 1 day: 2.5 mm
Cahayotillo of aire.69.2x73.6x73.6 mm, 9.7 g
photo: MTSaborío.

0 comments:

Post a Comment