Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lost Disk To Argus Qc1512

The Patriarchal Blessing of Del Parson

Delwin Parson


Delwin Oliver Parson born in Ogden, Utah in 1948. It is a traditional realist artist, figurative painting, landscapes and gender issues in oil and pastel. He lives in St. George, Utah. Ogden Utah artist. In 1975 he began to create artwork for the LDS Church and has painted more than 200 works for her. His religious paintings displayed on covers of books, manuals, presentations, visitor centers, missionary visual aids, etc.

In 1983 the church commissioned a painting Parson brother of Salvador, which has distributed millions of copies, arrives in the editions of the Book of Mormon missionary. Speaking about his work, Del Parson says, "Although the project was difficult, I felt the hand of the Lord was present in the paint, and it did, even to tell about his Patriarchal Blessing said "what impressed me most was the fact that related to art. He says the art would be a joy for me in my life. More importantly, says he could teach the way of the Lord and influence many lives through my art. I felt I had received my mission call. Right there I knew I was going to be an artist and in my heart I knew that paint for the church. " (taken from his biography)
Both
religious and historical paintings have received numerous regional and national awards. He now lives in Utah with his wife and six children, subject to the religious paintings to give others a sense of hope and share with them their love of life and beauty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment